What is UPMA? How many times have you heard that question?
MY response-UPMA is the professional organization for leaders and those looking to become leaders in the Postal Service. They offer many services to their members that are rarely found in our current atmosphere.
1. Training-UPMA helps with your Professional Development. They offer an online website with an educational section, in-person help through several career fairs. Need help with your HERO profile, your 991? We can help with that.
2. Communication-How many organizations give you so much information? Our Ohio organization sends out a publication 5-6 times a year and the National organization sends out publications as well. All contain information that is relevant to what is going on in our postal positions.
3. Support-UPMA has an executive board that is there to assist you in your desire to excel in the Postal Service. They offer on and off the job support, because you will gain friends and I refer to it as a family. MEMBERS are always there willing to help.
4. Representation-UPMA is there if you get into trouble or make a mistake. We have top notch representatives that will stand by your side to help in any situation. We have yearly training for anyone interested in helping their fellow Postmasters. Let us know if you are willing to provide this assistance to our co-workers. We can sign you up for the training.
5. Travel-I have done so much traveling with UPMA! Our conventions are all over Ohio, and we can explore our great state, but there are also National Conventions. Every year our National Convention is held in a different area of our great nation. A Legislative conference is held in Washington D.C. every year. We have officer training and member representative training too. It has certainly helped fulfil my personal need for exploration.
UPMA is currently offering a free year to EAS members. Ohio UPMA is offering an incentive to anyone who signs up new members. Please take an 1187 and visit your neighboring Postmaster. Spread the word on UPMA and all they have to offer. As always if I can help you in any way please don’t hesitate to call or email.
Tracy A Canby (email@example.com)
Immediate Past President-Ohio UPMA
Postmaster, Clarksville OH
NEW UPMA MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION: from President Mandy/Dan Heins 4/25/22
The UPMA National Executive Board has voted to offer a membership incentive for new EAS members when they join the organization. This membership promotion, which will run from April 1, 2022 through October 31, 2022, will allow new EAS members to join for one year with no dues being deducted from their paychecks until that one year has elapsed.
In addition to the incentive for new members, the UPMA National Office will send the chapters $195 for each new EAS member to cover the revenue that they would have received for that one year of membership had the new member been paying dues.
I It is the hope of the board that this promotion will be as successful as one’s that have been offered in the past so that UPMA can continue to serve its current and future members as the premier leadership organization among employees of the United States Postal Service.
Individuals wishing to join UPMA can do so by going to the UPMA national website, unitedpma.org and click on the banner at the top of the page which says, “Join UPMA Today” and it will walk them through the process of signing up. Or, if you wish to join on the membership form, that is also available on the website.
If you have any questions on any membership related issues, feel free to contact the UPMA National Office at 703-683-9027 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can call Dan on his cell phone: 507-438-2676. You can also reach out to any of the UPMA officers in your chapter, as well. Their contact information is available on the website.
BENEFITS OF JOINING UPMA AS A MANAGER, SUPERVISOR OR EAS PROFESSIONAL
All national UPMA leaders and chapter presidents are current USPS employees.
• National officers serve one term only
in their current positions.
• As an active member, you have the
privilege to vote and hold leadership
positions at all levels of the organization.
• A national website—unitedpma.
org—offering the latest information
regarding the organization, legislative
issues, online training videos and
Postal Service information that affects
• A national magazine and chapter
publications that contain information
important to you in your current position and will help you in your future
• Annual national and chapter conventions that offer training to help you be
• Members have access to our network
of Adverse Action member representatives. After you have been a member for one year, as an EAS employee,
you have the benefit of our Legal Defense Plan, if the need arises.
• You gain a network of Postmasters,
Managers, Supervisors and other EAS
professionals who can assist you in
your day-to-day duties and mentor
you for future opportunities.